So you have been using your computer for a while and a brightness control stopped working? In this article I will show you how to solve this problem quickly without restarting your computer.
1. Open start menu and search for “device manager”
2. Open device manager and expand “display adapters”
3. Right click on “Intel HD graphics” and select “disable device”
4. Confirm dialog
NOTE: The screen go black or flash a few times. This is perfectly normal. Don’t worry about it.
5. After disabling is complete, right click again and select “enable device”
6. Close device manager and try to adjust your brightness
NOTE: In case of brightness still not working try to disable and enable also other display adapters.